CropMaster® Sulphur 27-4-4 (7SO3) is a True Granular Compound fertiliser product for grazed grass providing low levels of Phosphate and Potash with added Sulphur to enhance forage yield and quality.
CropMaster Sulphur can also be used on arable crops where soil Phosphate and Potash indices are high.
- Sulphur is very mobile in the soil and can leach through the soil profile. Where large amounts are required it is advisable to split the recommended requirement in two applications.
- Foliar applied Sulphur is a less efficient approach to correcting Sulphur deficiency. This is because only 2% of the Sulphur is being intercepted and absorbed through the leaf and often these products don’t contain enough Sulphur.
- The average UK deposition of Sulphur is now negligible compared with the 25kg SO3/ha/year of 20 years ago. In fact Sulphur deposition is no longer measured, due to such low levels occurring.
- Organic manures contain Sulphur, but in variable quantity and availability. Like elemental Sulphur, most of the Sulphur in organic manures cannot directly be taken up by crops for growth.
Grassland – Use as a general grazing fertiliser where a simple one product system is required. Rates and number of applications vary by system and location but as a general guide apply 130-185 kg/ha CropMaster® Sulphur monthly or for each grazing.
With Sulphur, increases in DM yield of 25% can be achieved on light and medium soils, alongside increases of 4% in protein and 5% in sugar contents to improve grass quality and palatability.
Arable – CropMaster Sulphur is suitable for use in any arable crop where soil P and K indices are high and where in-season application of readily available nutrients is desired. Use in conjunction with organic manures or in combination with other CF Fertilisers products. As a sole product, it is unlikely to supply the required level of P and K to balance crop offtakes.
Ammonium Nitrate is the most efficient and predictable form of Nitrogen for UK farmers.
Ammonium Sulphate offers a readily available source of Sulphur to the growing crop.
Water soluble Phosphate provides rapid uptake to support root development and plant growth.
A True Granular Compound ensures even and accurate spread of all nutrients across the crop.
Reduces autumn workload and potentially fertiliser application costs. Nutrients are provided when the crop uses them most efficiently giving better yields and crop quality.
Contains Ammonium Sulphate
A readily available form of Sulphur for rapid uptake - elemental Sulphur cannot be taken up directly by crops because plants only take up Sulphur in the Sulphate form.
Contains Ammonium Nitrate
Contains water soluble Phosphate
Crop roots will only take up Phosphorus from soil solution so providing Phosphate in a form that is over 97% water soluble ensures rapid and efficient uptake, supporting root development and plant growth.
A True Granular Compound fertiliser
Even application of all nutrients across the whole spreader bout width, which optimises nutrient use efficiency and crop response.
Manufactured at sites which are accredited to ISO 9001
Reliable product with consistent high quality every year.
More Yield. Less CO2
At CF Fertilisers we are committed to improving carbon efficiency in our production processes. All of our products have a carbon footprint, certified by the Carbon Trust in June 2012 and reviewed annually.
CF Fertilisers has promised to reduce the footprint Nitrogen production, demonstrating an on-going commitment to carbon reduction.
The footprints for fertiliser products are given as kg CO2e per kg Nitrogen (N). Most fertiliser usage is considered on the basis of N requirement, so this allows the simplest comparison between our products for a given crop requirement.
The Carbon Footprint for CropMaster Sulphur is 4.0 kg CO2e per kg Nitrogen.
CALIBRATE BEFORE YOU SPREAD FOR APPLICATION RATE AND SPREAD PATTERN
CF Fertilisers products spread to 32m bout widths. Widths of 36m are achievable with certain spreaders and products in suitable conditions, however, please seek advice. It is important to maintain fertiliser spreaders, whatever bout width you work at.
For optimum results, CF Fertilisers recommends that you follow the industry standard and set up your spreader for both application rate and spread pattern for each different fertiliser that you use. Product Safety Data Sheets are available here.
READY RECKONER FOR APPLICATION RATES
|Product application rate||Nutrient application rate|
|kg/ha||N kg/ha||P2O5/ha||K2O/ha||SO3 kg/ha|
- For grazed grass, the optimum Sulphur application rate is 60 to 70 kg SO3/ha.
- For cereals, the optimum Sulphur application rate is 50 kg SO3/ha.
- For oilseed rape, the optimum Sulphur rate is 112 kg SO3/ha. If using CropMaster® Sulphur then an early application of DoubleTop® can be used to supply more Sulphur.
- To convert from kg product/ha to bags/acre, multiply by 0.4, then divide by 50 (e.g. 250kg product/ha X 0.4 = 100 / 50 = 2 bags/acre)
- To convert from kg nutrient/ha to units/acre, multiply by 0.8 (e.g. 200kg N/ha X 0.8 = 160 units N/acre)
Please contact our Crop Nutrition Team on +44(0)151 357 5758 or email email@example.com for further information.
CF are the UK’s leading fertiliser manufacturer and the only UK producer of prilled Nitrogen and True Granular Compounds, with a range of NS, NKS, NP, NPK and NPKS fertilisers to meet UK farming conditions.
We manufacture our products to ISO 9001:2000 standards. That means you can rely on CF Fertilisers to deliver the highest quality fertilisers consistently, every year, giving you optimum product performance and peace of mind.
Optimise fertiliser efficiency with CF Fertilisers specialist Advice and Services such as N-Min, N-Calculator and EnCompass. Watch our Nitram® vs Urea video- it concisely explains the different Nitram could make to your crops.
For more information on purchasing any of our products or to access our advice and services then please call our dedicated advice line on +44(0)151 357 5758 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact us for fertiliser advice, our expert team of FACTS qualified advisers are on hand to provide you with the latest advice in fertiliser management and nutrient plans.