PremierCrop Sulphur 20-8-12 (7SO3) is a True Granular Compound fertiliser product for grass and maize silage, and spring-sown arable crops grown on soils low in P, K or S.
- Sulphur is very mobile in the soil and can leach through the soil profile. Where large amounts are required it is advisable to split the recommended requirement in two applications.
- Foliar applied Sulphur is a less efficient approach to correcting Sulphur deficiency. This is because only 2% of the Sulphur is being intercepted and absorbed through the leaf and often these products don’t contain enough Sulphur.
- The average UK deposition of Sulphur is now negligible compared with the 25kg SO3/ha/year of 20 years ago. In fact Sulphur deposition is no longer measured, due to such low levels occurring.
- Organic manures contain Sulphur, but in variable quantity and availability. Like elemental Sulphur, most of the Sulphur in organic manures cannot directly be taken up by crops for growth.
Grassland – For spring application on first cut silage apply 400-600 kg/ha. For higher rates split the dressing evenly with four weeks between applications. In conjunction with slurry, PremierCrop® Sulphur is particularly useful for more high input, high output silage systems that remove a lot of P and K in the crop.
PremierCrop Sulphur can be used after manures and pre-drilling for spring grassland reseeds, applied at a rate of 250 kg/ha.
With Sulphur, increases in DM yield of 25% can be achieved on light and medium soils, alongside increases of 4% in protein and 5% in sugar contents to improve grass quality and palatability.
Maize - If soil P index is no more than 3, then 300-500 kg/ha of PremierCrop Sulphur can be applied at drilling to supply some available P to encourage establishment and early growth. CF Fertilisers and Maize Growers Association trials show that profitable responses in yield can be achieved with 20-40 kg SO3/ha.
Arable – As a seedbed dressing for spring sown cereals and oilseed rape at 350-400 kg/ha.
PremierCrop Sulphur can also be used as a top dressing treatment for winter cereals where P & K is required in the spring.
Ammonium Nitrate is the most efficient and predictable form of Nitrogen for UK farmers.
Ammonium Sulphate offers a readily available source of Sulphur to the growing crop.
Water soluble Phosphate provides rapid uptake to support root development and plant growth.
A True Granular Compound ensures even and accurate spread of all nutrients across the crop.
Reduces workload and potentially fertiliser application costs. Nutrients are provided in-season when the crop uses them most efficiently giving better yields and crop quality.
Contains Ammonium Sulphate
A readily available form of Sulphur for rapid uptake - elemental Sulphur cannot be taken up directly by crops because plants only take up Sulphur in the Sulphate form.
Contains Ammonium Nitrate
Contains water soluble Phosphate
Crop roots will only take up Phosphorus from soil solution so providing Phosphate in a form that is 96% water soluble ensures rapid and efficient uptake, supporting root development and plant growth.
A True Granular Compound
Even application of all nutrients across the whole spreader bout width, which optimises nutrient use efficiency and crop response.
Manufactured at sites which are accredited to ISO 9001
Reliable product with consistent high quality every year.
More Yield. Less CO2
At CF Fertilisers we are committed to improving carbon efficiency in our production processes. All of our products have a carbon footprint, certified by the Carbon Trust in June 2012 and reviewed annually.
CF Fertilisers has promised to reduce the footprint Nitrogen production, demonstrating an on-going commitment to carbon reduction.
The footprints for fertiliser products are given as kg CO2e per kg Nitrogen (N). Most fertiliser usage is considered on the basis of N requirement, so this allows the simplest comparison between our products for a given crop requirement.
The Carbon Footprint for PremierCrop Sulphur is 5.0 kg CO2e per kg Nitrogen.
CALIBRATE BEFORE YOU SPREAD FOR APPLICATION RATE AND SPREAD PATTERN
CF Fertilisers products spread to 32m bout widths. Widths of 36m are achievable with certain spreaders and products in suitable conditions, however, please seek advice. It is important to maintain fertiliser spreaders, whatever bout width you work at.
For optimum results, CF Fertilisers recommends that you follow the industry standard and set up your spreader for both application rate and spread pattern for each different fertiliser that you use. Product Safety Data Sheets are available here.
READY RECKONER FOR APPLICATION RATES
|Product application rate||Nutrient application rate|
|kg/ha||N kg/ha||P2O5/ha||K2O kg/ha||SO3 kg/ha|
- For high input, high output grass silage, the optimum Sulphur application rate is 70 to 80 kg SO3/ha/ year.
- For cereals, the optimum Sulphur application rate is 50 kg SO3/ha. If using PremierCrop Sulphur then an early application of Sulphur Gold or DoubleTop can be used to supply more Sulphur.
- For oilseed rape, the optimum Sulphur rate is 112 kg SO3/ha. If using PremierCrop Sulphur then an early application of Sulphur Gold or DoubleTop can be used to supply more Sulphur.
- To convert from kg product/ha to bags/acre, multiply by 0.4, then divide by 50 (e.g. 250kg product/ha X 0.4 = 100 / 50 = 2 bags/acre)
- To convert from kg nutrient/ha to units/acre, multiply by 0.8 (e.g. 200kg N/ha X 0.8 = 160 units N/acre)
Please contact our Crop Nutrition Team on +44(0)151 357 5758 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
CF are the UK’s leading fertiliser manufacturer and the only UK producer of prilled Nitrogen and True Granular Compounds, with a range of NS, NKS, NP, NPK and NPKS fertilisers to meet UK farming conditions.
We manufacture our products to ISO 9001:2000 standards. That means you can rely on CF Fertilisers to deliver the highest quality fertilisers consistently, every year, giving you optimum product performance and peace of mind.
Optimise fertiliser efficiency with CF Fertilisers specialist Advice and Services such as N-Min, N-Calculator and EnCompass. Watch our Nitram® vs Urea video- it concisely explains the different Nitram could make to your crops.
For more information on purchasing any of our products or to access our advice and services then please call our dedicated advice line on +44(0)151 357 5758 or email: email@example.com
Contact us for fertiliser advice, our expert team of FACTS qualified advisers are on hand to provide you with the latest advice in fertiliser management and nutrient plans.