DoubleTop® 27N (30SO3) is a high quality granulated product combining Ammonium Sulphate and Ammonium Nitrate for crops that have a high Sulphur demand.
- Sulphur is very mobile in the soil and can leach through the soil profile. Where large amounts are required it is advisable to split the recommended requirement in two applications.
- Foliar applied Sulphur is a less efficient approach to correcting Sulphur deficiency. This is because only 2% of the Sulphur is intercepted and absorbed through the leaf.
- The average UK deposition of Sulphur is now negligible compared with the 25kg S/ha/year of 20 years ago. In fact Sulphur deposition is no longer measured, due to such low levels occurring.
- Organic manures contain Sulphur, but in variable quantity and availability. Like elemental Sulphur, most of the Sulphur in organic manures cannot directly be taken up by crops for growth.
Ammonium Sulphate offers a readily available source of Sulphur to the growing crop.
Ammonium Nitrate is the most efficient and predictable form of Nitrogen for UK growers.
A True Granular Compound ensures even and accurate spread across the crop. DoubleTop has the right balance of Nitrogen to Sulphur for the first top dressing.
Part of a range of CF Fertilisers NS grade, providing flexibility in grade and rate applied
|Contains Ammonium Sulphate||A readily available form of Sulphur for rapid uptake - elemental Sulphur cannot be taken up directly by crops because plants only take up Sulphur in the Sulphate form.|
|Contains Ammonium Nitrate||AN is the most efficient Nitrogen source and the ‘Best Option for the Environment and Farming’ according to Government research.|
|A True Granular Compound||Even application of all nutrients across the whole spreader bout width, which optimises nutrient use efficiency and crop response.|
|Manufactured at sites which are accredited to ISO 9001||Reliable product with consistent high quality every year.|
At CF Fertilisers we are committed to improving carbon efficiency in our production processes. All of our products have a carbon footprint, certified by the Carbon Trust in June 2012 and reviewed annually.
CF Fertilisers has promised to reduce the footprint Nitrogen production, demonstrating an on-going commitment to carbon reduction.
The footprints for fertiliser products are given as kg CO2e per kg Nitrogen (N). Most fertiliser usage is considered on the basis of N requirement, so this allows the simplest comparison between our products for a given crop requirement.
The Carbon Footprint for DoubleTop is 3.6kg CO2e per kg Nitrogen.
CALIBRATE BEFORE YOU SPREAD FOR APPLICATION RATE AND SPREAD PATTERN
CF Fertilisers products spread to 32m bout widths. Widths of 36m are achievable with certain spreaders and products in suitable conditions, however, please seek advice. It is important to maintain fertiliser spreaders, whatever bout width you work at.
For optimum results, CF Fertilisers recommends that you follow the industry standard and set up your spreader for both application rate and spread pattern for each different fertiliser that you use. Product Safety Data Sheets are available here.
READY RECKONER FOR APPLICATION RATES
|Product application rate||Nutrient application rate|
|kg/ha||N kg/ha||SO3 kg/ha||S kg/ha|
- For cereals, the optimum Sulphur application rate is 50kg SO3 /ha.
- For oilseed rape, the optimum Sulphur rate is 112kg SO3 /ha.
- To convert from kg product/ha to bags/acre, multiply by 0.4, then divide by 50 (e.g. 250kg product/ha X 0.4 = 100 / 50 = 2 bags/acre)
- To convert from kg nutrient/ha to units/acre, multiply by 0.8 (e.g. 200kg N/ha X 0.8 = 160 units N/acre)
Please contact our Crop Nutrition Team on +44(0)151 357 5758 or email email@example.com for further information.
CF are the UK’s leading fertiliser manufacturer and the only UK producer of prilled Nitrogen and True Granular Compounds, with a range of NS, NKS, NP, NPK and NPKS fertilisers to meet UK farming conditions.
We manufacture our products to ISO 9001:2000 standards. That means you can rely on CF Fertilisers to deliver the highest quality fertilisers consistently, year-in, year-out, giving you optimum product performance and peace of mind.
Optimise fertiliser efficiency with CF Fertilisers specialist Advice and Services such as N-Min and N-Calculator. Watch our Nitram® vs Urea video- it concisely explains the different Nitram could make to your crops.
For more information on purchasing any of our products or to access our advice and services then please call our dedicated advice line on +44(0)151 357 5758 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact us for fertiliser advice, our expert team of FACTS qualified advisers are on hand to provide you with the latest advice in fertiliser management and nutrient plans.